[Discuss] Thunderbolt extension cable for TBD?

I know this is really an Apple question, but the 27 inch Thunderbolt
display has a very short, built-in thunderbolt cable.   I have five of
these displays and want to connect the all to a Mac Pro.   The
limiting factor is the limited cable length is prohibiting me from
placing the Mac and the monitors where I need them.

I looked for thunderbolt extension cables and they just do not exist.

I looked for thunderbolt hubs (like a USB hub) to possibly buy more
thunderbolt cables and use the hub as a signal repeater, but no hubs
exist.

I did find some thunderbolt to mini displayport adapters, but it seems
Apple has a limit on the number of simultaneous mini Displayport
connections it will allow monitors to be powered by?   We need all
five monitors to be active simultaneously.

The only "next best" option I can think of is to return the Apple
displays and replace them, possibly, with something like the Dell
U2713H or U2713HM.    We need the IPS, resolution, and a thin bezel.

Insights welcome.

Thanks.

Scott