[Discuss] Monitoring your AWS instances

We use Nagios and nrpe with a pretty standard monitoring setup.  We also
pull in cloudwatch data via python goto scripts.

As for the uptick I would avoid making any changes until after the AWS
maintenance.  We have also noticed an uptick in alerts,though not to that
level.

However just because your systems are not directly effected the increased
activity due to others replacing systems, as well as what ever amazon is
actually doing on the back end, means everyone will be effected to some
extent.