[Discuss] xfs repair

On 9/22/2014 9:16 PM, Stephen Adler wrote:
> So my question is what is the customary frequency one runs xfs_repair
> on their xfs file systems. Every 6 months? Do it via a cron job every
> week making sure you can dismount the file system first and then
> remount it when done?

Never. Routine fscking is unnecessary on XFS.

The only time you should be looking at xfs_repair is when xfs_check
reports an inconsistency. The recommendation for scheduling xfs_check is
never. You run it when you have reason to suspect file system
inconsistency -- that is, it behaves incorrectly.

Red Hat made a most excellent choice with XFS for RHEL 7.

--
Rich P.