[Discuss] Personal finance software on Linux

For about 2 years, I've been happily using Moneydance as a Quicken
replacement.  It's a Java app that runs on any platform, and also has an
iPhone app that (up until now) provided sync capability to my Linux server.
Their 2014 release apparently broke wifi sync, and it's now deprecated.
Here's the response I got from customer support:

  "If you're using Wifi syncing, I'd definitely recommend
  switching to Dropbox syncing as it's more stable, robust,
  and there are unfortunately some issues with Wifi syncing
  that we can't fix due to certain network configurations
  over which we have no control. As well, Dropbox syncing
  is end-to-end encrypted, meaning that all your data is
  encrypted between your Moneydance application and your
  Moneydance iOS app, with none of it being unencrypted on
  your Dropbox folder. For these reasons, we've stopped
  maintaining the Wifi syncing functionality and are
  unable to fix most problems with it."

Dropbox is putting up a new office building across the street from where I
work, so I suppose there might be one throat to choke if anything goes wrong
over there: but I'd still *really really* rather continue to self-host all my
personal finance data.

So, it's 2014 and I'm still in search for an excellent personal-finance
manager that works on Linux, Windows and/or Mac, with sync to/from mobile. And
whose data can be kept on storage media owned by me, not some cloud provider.
(I guess I could go back to my old Windows-only method, but Windows is
gradually fading out from my home network with the demise of Microsoft
TechNet.)

Your thoughts?

-rich