[Discuss] Verizon blacklisted me

On August 6, 2014, Don Levey wrote:
>I saw someone else (Richard Pieri) postulate that login names with a dot
>in them were all throwing this error.  Does your login name have a dot?

Nope. But thanks.

On August 6, 2014, Matthew Gillen wrote:
>Hmmm.  Can't remember where I got this from, but I've always used
> outgoing.verizon.net port 587 for my outgoing relay...

I did that until May 2014, when Verizon made a change that prevented
postfix from doing this. I don't remember the details, but:

  relayhost = [outgoing.verizon.net]:587

stopped working: outgoing.verizon.net would not accept mail relayed in
this manner.

On 8/6/2014 4:31 PM, Don Levey wrote:
> Changing your IP address wouldn't make that difference unless the
> Verizon smtp server was using one of those blacklists for *outgoing*
> mail.

Well, the mail is "incoming" from me to smtp.verizon.net. If
smtp.verizon.net uses Spamhaus to block incoming email, that would
account for my problem.

Thanks all.

--
Dan Barrett