[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] VSphere 5.5.0 U1 and backups
- Subject: [Discuss] VSphere 5.5.0 U1 and backups
- From: richard.pieri at gmail.com (Richard Pieri)
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:42:49 -0400
- In-reply-to: <CAHtYjW+-+kWsRasa-qevKEAb_XzPj10yZPPnVjprBFanHgDH5Q@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAKtLMgo4K4W4hHfO_iwuC9jkKbGqwgbk6BU2SvSG7RsSGVkc8Q@mail.gmail.com> <53DC1E23.email@example.com> <CAHtYjW+-+kWsRasa-qevKEAb_XzPj10yZPPnVjprBFanHgDH5Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 8/1/2014 7:22 PM, Jason Normand wrote: > We have been running veeam successfully for a while now. Though we do > not run 5.5. On rare occasions a backup has failed due to snapshot > issues but not often. Yeah, see, I learned a long time ago that when full system restoration is indicated then the native backup tools provided by the vendor are always the first choice. Third party tools should not be brought into play unless there are specific needs that are not met by the first party tools. -- Rich P.