[Discuss] Looking for WiFi router with certain characteristics

Newegg has a half a dozen or so inexpensive access points.  I recently
bought this one for about $20:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315134

However, it doesn't seem to act the way I'd expect a true access point
to work.  I have it connected by Ethernet to the router that has the
Internet connection and is the DHCP server for the house's internal
subnet.  The access point presents a second wireless network to a part
of the house that's farther away from the router.   That area of the
house has poor reception with the wireless network of the router.  The
two wireless networks use different RF channels.

All interfaces connected to the Ethernet or two wireless networks end up
on the same subnet (192.168.0.x).  But some of the computers on one of
the wireless networks have trouble connecting to computers on the other
wireless network.  For example, in order for any computer to use my
wireless printer, it has to be on the same wireless network that the
printer is on.

I haven't been able to figure this out yet...