[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Please help with RAID1 on Ubuntu
- Subject: [Discuss] Please help with RAID1 on Ubuntu
- From: richard.pieri at gmail.com (Richard Pieri)
- Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:56:43 -0400
- In-reply-to: <20140612163029.GM4326@randomstring.org>
- References: <5399D0E9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140612163029.GM4326@randomstring.org>
On 6/12/2014 12:30 PM, Dan Ritter wrote: > You're fine, but you probably want to specify it by UUID for /dev/sda, > not "/dev/sda". I recommend using labels for file systems, UUIDs for physical devices. Managing file system labels is easy; managing file system UUIDs is not so easy. This hides the md1 vs. md127 enumeration mess. File system labels also keeps your fstab looking readable. -- Rich P.