[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] GPS feature in cellphones?
- Subject: [Discuss] GPS feature in cellphones?
- From: richard.pieri at gmail.com (Richard Pieri)
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 20:40:14 -0400
- In-reply-to: <CAAbKA3WBY-=h-f_ubvn2fB6OAxGHk8+2HfZYQZm=pRLQT4t=QQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <53921B9E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAAbKA3WBY-=h-f_ubvn2fB6OAxGHk8+2HfZYQZm=pRLQT4t=QQ@mail.gmail.com>
Bill Ricker wrote: > ?If it's off enough to make an airline happy, it's not reporting > anything, even *if* it's passively tracking? Are you sure? I wouldn't be: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-growth-fueled-by-need-to-target-terrorists/2013/07/21/24c93cf4-f0b1-11e2-bed3-b9b6fe264871_story.html > By September 2004, a new NSA technique enabled the agency to find > cellphones even when they were turned off. JSOC troops called this > ?The Find,? and it gave them thousands of new targets, including > members of a burgeoning al-Qaeda-sponsored insurgency in Iraq, > according to members of the unit. -- Rich P.