[Discuss] GPS feature in cellphones?

Rich Braun wrote:
> Eyebrows raised...that statement doesn't sound right.  I expect that a device
> I own won't drain its battery if I turn it off.  GPS radio receivers draw
> quite a bit of power, and 3G/4G transmitters probably draw even more.

One might expect quite a bit that isn't true. Off isn't really off. It's
a very low power state same as every personal computer and TV set made
since manufacturers did away with physical power switches. How do you
think soft switches can be used to turn them on? How do you think wake
timers and alarms can turn these on from a power off state? It's because
they're not really off.

--
Rich P.