[Discuss] Gluster startup, small-files performance

On 05/10/2014 04:00 PM, Rich Braun wrote:
> Googling for performance-tuning on glusterFS makes me shake my head,
> ultimately the technology is half-baked if it takes 500ms or more just to
> transfer an inode from a source path into a glusterFS volume.  I should be
> able to "cp -a" or rsync any directory on my system, whether it's got 100
> files or 1 million files, into a gluster volume without waiting for hours or
> days.  It falls apart completely after about 10,000 files, which means I can
> only use the technology for a small portion of my deployments.  That said, if
> any of y'all are *actually using* glusterfs for *anything* I'd love to share
> stories.
>
> -rich

Yes, we are using moosefs, if you want to learn about
it you can contact me off the list.
I can give you detailed info about our tests, our environment,
show our hardware, etc, etc.

The list unfortunately is not a good medium to discuss,
the discussion quickly deteriorates.

Thanks
Fevzi