[Discuss] business class ISP recommendations

On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 10:31 -0400, Daniel Hagerty wrote:
> I have comcast business service (over cable) at home, being as my
> choices are comcast, comcast, comcast, or a comparatively low quality
> dsl via somebody.

The problem with monopoly is that even when it works ok for one person,
one time; it's generally a bad idea.

At least when talking politically I oppose comcast's near monopoly, even
if I used them for a long while. It's the same grievance I have with
many Internet companies that operate monopolies, it's just not healthy.

"Oh you just want to be a hipster, constantly picking the least popular
company or product"

Heh, no, I moved to RCN because it was a better service and I'm
politically motivated to try and decrease my own personal monopoly
footprint. Similar things motivated me to move away from Windows 98,
using starbucks and google at various times.

Maybe one day the USA will follow the UK model for telco and do LLU[1].

Martin,

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local-loop_unbundling