[Discuss] business class ISP recommendations

    I have comcast business service (over cable) at home, being as my
choices are comcast, comcast, comcast, or a comparatively low quality
dsl via somebody.

    I've been pretty surprised to be mostly happy.  Uptime has been
quite good.

    Tech support for biz service is out of new hampshire.  I haven't had
to use it for anything complicated.  Getting a human on the phone has
been very quick; single digit minutes.

    I have seen some issues with port 22 blocking, but given where I
usually see it from, it's likely to be where I am rather than comcast.
It's always been easy to work around with an sshd bound to port 443 and
the like.

    I had a major billing issue with them once, where they overbilled me
by a fair amount.  I got them to credit most, but not all of it.  The
amounts involved had reached the point where it wasn't worth the time.
Several months later, they credited me a few free months, well above and
beyond the initial overbill.

    They do support setting PTRs on the addresses they hand out.  At the
time, it was a bit painful to setup, as you had to spell out what you
wanted over the phone.

    I know comcast will do bgp over their metro ethernet service.  I
don't know about the cable modem service.  I'd expect them to charge you
dearly, since you're a minority customer and must obviously need it
badly to even ask.

    The head end here has been upgraded recently for ipv6 support.  I
know they're handling v6 for business class differently, and at the very
least, I'll need to replace my cable modem.  I'm not too worried about
it, as comcast's peering with HE is good enough to trivially support
netflix HD over v6.