[Discuss] smallest board that can handle 32 GB RAM

On Thu, 08 May 2014 09:04:44 -0400, Kent Borg wrote:
> On 05/07/2014 10:50 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
>> 32 GB is probably still overkill for a desktop, but after suffering with
>> a machine that's been on the low side, I'm pondering going to the other
>> extreme for my next build.
>
> I hate it when people respond to a question with "Why do you want to do that?", but forgive me, I am going to do it now: Why?
>
> Here is why I ask: I am just shifting things over to a new 16GB machine. I got that much because I could and it was pretty cheap. But I don't know what I am going to do with all that. That is a *bleep* of a lot of RAM.

I have a few monster spreadsheets (whether at least one of them should
be a spreadsheet is a good question, but that's neither here nor
there).  With 16GB on my laptop, it pages.

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congrats MIT Engineers 6 straight men's hoops tourney

--Eric Crampton