[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Facebook backups?
- Subject: [Discuss] Facebook backups?
- From: abreauj at gmail.com (John Abreau)
- Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 23:56:46 -0400
I want to set up a cron job to make weekly backups of my facebook account. To do that, I need a command-line tool for backing up an account, and I've had no luck finding such a tool. Facebook has a mechanism for manually downloading an archive of all your account's data from a web browser, and I also found a Firefox plugin that scrapes facebook to produce a partial backup. But both need to be operated manually from within a web browser, and won't work from cron. Has anyone come across a facebook backup tool that can be used in a cron job? -- John Abreau / Executive Director, Boston Linux & Unix Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6 PGP-Key-Fingerprint A5AD 6BE1 FEFE 8E4F 5C23 C2D0 E885 E17C 9200 63C6
- Prev by Date: [Discuss] Upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04...can't connect to wifi with rtl8723ae driver
- Next by Date: [Discuss] Facebook backups?
- Previous by thread: [Discuss] Upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04...can't connect to wifi with rtl8723ae driver
- Next by thread: [Discuss] Facebook backups?