[Discuss] Wiki Security Risk

if "it's not exposed to the world" is known to be a true statement, then
what is he concerned about?

I will say that MediaWiki *is* very hard to lock down  if that statement
is not known to be true.  Most wikis fall into one of two camps:
"Information wants to be free and that's what wikis are for so why would
you want to lock it down?" and "Today's internet is a scary place and
even wikis need access control".  There's not much in the middle.

I LOVE Foswiki for many reasons, but very high on the list is that it
has full user/group authorizations at the system level, the wiki  level,
and at the page level.