[Discuss] first time build of GIT server

Thanks for the threads on the Subversion topic.

We are trying to test converting to GIT and are testing out the
functionality.

We are very new to GIT.

we have a dev server, but we installed GIT on another server (for testing
purposes).

We cannot see how the web functionality works with this and cannot seem to
get the processes to make this work at all.

Should I install GIT on the same DEV server?

We also use NetBeans IDE, and want to integrate it with GIT.

Our folks are just now upgrading to NetBeans  7.4 (latest)   (I am new
to NetBeans as well).

Are there sources of help/training on this out there?

Thanks!

--

John Malloy
jomalloy at gmail.com