[Discuss] Setup An SVN Repository server

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu)
<blu at nedharvey.com>wrote:

> > From: greg.rundlett at gmail.com [mailto:greg.rundlett at gmail.com] On Behalf
> > Of Greg Rundlett (freephile)
> >
> > invariably, you'll have some users
> > who want to use an svn client that doesn't support
> > svn+ssh.
>
> I've deployed more svn servers than I care to count.  I am not aware of
> any such featureless client.  Can you provide an example?

There are some listed here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Subversion_clients  Others like
Madcap Flare (technical documentation) delegate the svn client piece so
they can work with e.g. TortoiseSVN

I'm not saying that svn+ssh is a bad choice.  I'm saying that it can be
more difficult to roll out and support because users don't understand it,
or don't know how to configure their systems for it, or need additional
software.  With HTTP(s) access, you just have to provide users with the
more familiar 1) website, 2) username, 3) password

Greg Rundlett
http://eQuality-Tech.com <http://equality-tech.com/>
http://freephile.org