[Discuss] encrypted linux systems

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 12:00 -0500, Kent Borg wrote:
> On 01/28/2014 11:54 AM, Kent Borg wrote:
> > Write down most of it, remember a shorter portion of it.
>
> Effectively doing a poorman's two-factor security.  Something you have
> (the written part) and something you know (the remembered part).
>
> -kb

Thanks guys for this discussion on Linux encryption. My situation is
that the government mandates that the system be encrypted, even though
I'm not using it to store any information that needs encryption. This is
more of a bureaucratic requirement than anything else. Be that said,
this discussion has been very informative.

As for the disk IO issue, I've migrated to using SSD's with fantastic
performance improvement, thus the fear that I may see my snappy
environment degrade to my hard drive IO speed response times when
turning on encryption. It sounds like I don't have to worry about that.

Thanks again BLU.

Steve.