[Discuss] Setup An SVN Repository server

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Feldman
>
> > Use Git instead:

Please don't start this war again ... Or do.  Whatever.

Each is different, and each is better in its own way.  Git is much more powerful when it comes to developing software source code, but with that power comes complexity, learning curve, and confusion.  If you're going to do professional software development, it's worth the effort.  (And in particular, I'll promote github and gitlab.)  Git cannot do file locking, so it's not suitable if you develop on unmergeable binary files.  Also, if you occasionally archive large binaries into the versioning system (such as a big tarbal or whatever) svn can handle that reasonably well, while git cannot.  (In svn, you can selectively checkout and exclude certain directories, while on git, every version of every file must exist on every computer.)