[Discuss] learn or teach programs

Eric Chadbourne <eric.chadbourne at gmail.com> writes:
> I don't see in on my Ubuntu laptop.  Would be a neat option to have.

I'm not sure it's exactly the same program cause it doesn't mention John
Kunze, but if you want it you should be able to pull from OpenBSD's
repository as long as you use a tag of OPENBSD_4_7_BASE. Here's the
readme from a commit labeled, "import BTL learn(1)"  (BTL?):

"Learn was originally written by Mike Lesk with some contributions
from Brian Kernighan.  The paper in this directory dates from the
second version of learn, around 1979.

This version of learn has been resurrected from the original V7
source and edited enough that the source compiles and the
lessons can be executed.  We have made no attempt to update the
lessons, nor to fix some of the glaring problems with the code.
Think of it as a historical document, not a polished system.

cd src
make
learn"

-- http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/learn/Attic/README?rev=1.1.1.1;hideattic=0;only_with_tag=OPENBSD_4_7_BASE

Seems they yanked it out a few years ago:

"Remove a long-dead skeleton found under the floorboards.
"go for it" tedu@, "kill it" deraadt@"

-- http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/learn/Attic/README?hideattic=0

--
Mike Small