[Discuss] IPv6 (was New basement server (Was: NTP Gone Crazy?))

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>
> If God is sending a sign, I see it in the dearth of IDE drives on pricewatch.com,
> or the fact that IPv6 is muscling in despite my protests,

I, for one, am looking forward to IPv6 being more widely usable.  On the one hand, every app that does p2p network traffic could be built with NAT-PMP libraries or the equivalent, and firewalls would have to support it, etc...  Or if you just had routable IP addresses, that would solve it as a much lower common denominator.

Presently, my coworkers and I are scattered about the country.  We use skype and join.me and so forth.  But whenever we're able to get on the same VPN together and have direct p2p traffic enabled, use Mac Screen Sharing, or Microsoft Remote Assistance, which perform *way* way, way, very much way better than anything going through a 3rd party relay.