[Discuss] Small website, non-technical users: Joomla, Drupal, or WordPress?

On January 6, 2014, Bill Horne wrote:
>...we've been using MediaWiki for the board's website
>(http://www.big-8.org/) until now, but we have to move the site to a new
>server which doesn't offer it.
>So, the question is "What's the best compromise between ease-of-use,
>learning curve, and maintainability if we have to choose between Joomla,
>Drupal, or WordPress"?

Have you considered not switching platforms? I would think the cost of
moving all your mediawiki content to a new platform and retraining all
your users would far exceed the price of a managed VPS on
www.linode.com or www.hostdime.com, where you can install mediawiki
yourself and keep doing what you're doing.

You didn't say how many users you have, but I run mediawiki on a cheap
shared VM at www.hostdime.com (about $5/month) just fine.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com