[Discuss] Low level clustering software

> markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> I'm looking for stateless parallelization, state-full process
>> distribution, and high-availability in as much as matters for re-submit
>> for stateless and redundant data for state-full process distribution.
>
> Um. What kind of processing do you want to do? Because, honestly, you've
> thrown in so many buzzwords that it's impossible for me to tell what it
> is that you're really asking.

I was trying to be vague enough so as not to give too much away (its a
work question).

OK, so, a little more detailed info:

(1) Stateless parallelization, this is where we can take arbitrary chunks
of processing and ship it out to an arbitrary machine.

(2) state-full process distribution, this is a bit more complex. Think
about a distributed database. You need to send [n] identical query
commands to [n] databases and aggregate [n] streams into one based on some
unified ordering scheme. Then using some algorithm for partitioning, send
data to only one of the nodes (or two for redundancy) for storage.

(3) In the case of #2, is there any internal facilities to manage
replication or redundancy of data.

All being said, I have done a bunch of this stuff using MPI as a platform.
I wonder if there were more modern tools to do this sort of stuff.