[Discuss] how to manage tablets?

Not sure if it helps for your situation, but when I got my iPad back in 2008, I had a separate checking account that I only used for PayPal and online purchases, and I used the debit card from that account for the app store.

I only keep a minimal balance in the account, and I deposit money into it immediately prior to making a payment with PayPal. It serves as a buffer to help me avoid impulse purchases, and it reduces the risk of exposing my primary checking account in the event of a security breach of an online merchant's credit card records.