[Discuss] open source graphics drivers

On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 14:09 -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
> My experience with the nVidia open source driver has been similarly
> mixed. The proprietary driver seemed to work fine for me, until one
> day when hardware rendering stopped working for Cinnamon.

The key thing about video drivers is that we need investment from users
to stimulate further development. We know the huge advantages to having
a proper foss driver, but we could do with more programmers learning the
ropes and more users contributing the more fundraising.

Anyway, that's my thought. The other is that we kick nvidia aside and
fab our own silicon graphics hardware, with blackjacks! and hookers! ;-)

Martin,