[Discuss] BLU's SEO (Martin Owens)

markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> If I plaster an ad with a picture of a cold glass orange juice, and write
> "Fresh Orange Juice, tastes good and is good for you with natural vitamin
> C" It is objectively truthful.

Except that it isn't objectively truthful.

What you're not saying is that orange juice is *loaded* with sugar,
about 24 grams of sugar in in an 8oz serving. That's almost as much
sugar per ounce as Coca-Cola (26g/8oz) or Pepsi Cola (27g/8oz). Orange
juice also has about 10% more calories per ounce as Coke and Pepsi.

Fruit juice is as bad for you as Coke and Pepsi in large quantities. The
sugar and acid are bad for your teeth and the calories are bad for your
weight and general health. Excess vitamin C intake causes indigestion
and diarrhea. That you see orange juice = healthy in spite of these
facts is the result of some of the most successful marketing campaigns
of the 1950s and 1960s.

I can't speak to your DVD advertisement since I don't know the contents
of this hypothetical example and therefore have nothing to analyze.

As for Faux News? 'nuff said. :)

--
Rich P.