[Discuss] [Position-available] [JOB] Systems Engineer - Boston

To post your own position-available or position-wanted message, please follow the procedure at:
http://blu.wikispaces.com/job+posting+policy

Systems Engineer - Linux, JBoss, Puppet and more?  FULL TIME

Nexage, Inc - references found on Techcrunch.com, bostonglobe.com, forbes.com,
technewsworld.com, and many others.

Reporting directly to the Director of Technology Operations, be a part of the
team responsible for our global infrastructure handling billions of requests
weekly.

Operate, scale, and troubleshoot Nexage?s SaaS production infrastructure
comprised of cloud and hosted systems. Assist in expansion of our infrastructure
to Asia & Europe in early 2014. Automate and maintain Dev and QA infrastructure.
Monitor system, application, and network performance/availability.
Provide occasional off-shift availability for production issues or maintenance.
Bring your creativity to bear by proposing innovative approaches and emerging
technologies to help solve the operational and technical challenges confronted
by Nexage.

Come join our team if:
You are a responsible, team oriented, well-organized individual with strong
communications skills.
You have the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while adapting
quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
You have 6+ years of broad hands-on management of Linux systems required
(Redhat/CentOS 5/6 preferred).
You have configuration and deployment experience with Apache and MySQL. Users
must have MySQL db management experience.
You have experience in general scripting automation tasks (Ruby, Bash, Python,
Perl, etc.).
You have extensive experience with internal infrastructure services, such as
DNS, LDAP, and NTP.
You have strong problem solving, testing, and network troubleshooting skills.
You have experience with 24x7 mission-critical systems.
You have experience with configuration and deployment of Java applications
using JBoss, Tomcat or other J2EE container.

What we offer:
Nexage prides itself in building exceptional career opportunities and offering
outstanding benefits to our team such as PPO/HMO health plan options,
unrestricted vacation time, and substantial mass transit commuter assistance.

In that regard, Nexage is not your average company.  We have the enthusiasm of
a start-up, a culture driven from industry veterans committed to long-term
growth, and the benefits package of a mature industry leader. We offer great
benefits for a very simple reason:  we can attract the best people and then
enable them to focus on the extraordinary opportunity in front of them (without
worrying about incomplete or inadequate benefits). Nexage is a great place to
work.

We are precisely, right above Downtown Crossing, therefore accessible via the Orange and Red Lines.

Local candidates only; no relocation.
Must be legally able to work in the United States; we cannot sponsor visas at
this time.
Principals only; no recruiters.
Immediate start date.

If you like how this sounds, send your CV with a cover letter to jobs at nexage.com.
In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you think you're a strong
candidate to join us in changing the world of mobile advertising. We review and
consider every submission, but please no phone calls. (Principals only please;
no recruiters.)

Thank you,

Mark Pearlstein
Director of Technology Operations