[Discuss] BLU's SEO

Martin Owens wrote:
> Greg Rundlett wrote:
>> The purpose of doing some of the SEO tactics that Tom mentions
>> would be to increase BLU's visibility when people search for "redhat
>> configuration", "apache versus nginx" etc.
>
> That proposed rational is unethical.
> Making google search results serve the BLU instead of the searcher is
> not something that we should be actively trying to do.
>
> There is a case for more specific terms like "apache vs nginx talk" or
> "apache vs nginex meeting" but that's where we distinguish the kinds of
> resources the BLU provides.

I addressed this in my earlier reply. I have no doubt that it was an
unintended oversight that Greg happened to chose somewhat generic
keywords. (A mistake I could easily have made in my own examples.)

No one has proposed "gaming the system." Only making the original
content we have more visible, and making sure when it is viewed, the
viewer knows what organization was responsible for it.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA