[Discuss] BLU's SEO

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greg,
>
> BLU isn't a front-line help desk. It's an advocacy group. It's very much
> the wrong place for random people looking for "redhat configuration" or
> "apache vs. nginx" information.
>
> I agree completely.  BLU is an advocacy group (not a linux help desk
although list members certainly help each other all the time with specific
technical issues).  I was trying to say that the point of SEO would be to
make the group and it's advocacy plus content and side activities more
visible.  And again, I'm not claiming it's a priority or even desirable.

One thing BLU does is installfests.  So, surely we want people to know
about BLU if they live near Boston and want to install linux on their
hardware.  If you search Google for "Install Linux Boston" - you get BLU in
the number one position.  So, mission accomplished.

~ Greg