[Discuss] [OT] FIOS wifi extender/repeater?

Hello to all:

I am looking to extend the wifi signal from my N-capable Actiontec/FIOS
router to other floors/areas of the home.   No outside antennas.

I've read about some devices that are AC-based that must be on the same
electrical circuit from source location (FIOS router) to destination (place
to extend signal).   Insights of these?

What device(s) do people recommend, AC/circuit-based or otherwise?

No desire to run a lengthy Ethernet cable or power cord from the router to
the destination.

Thanks.

Scott