[Discuss] Expired gpg key

On Oct 3, 2013, at 11:52 PM, Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 05:02:57AM -0400, John Abreau wrote:
>> It should be noted that if the key is expired, then most likely all
>> previous signatures on it are almost certainly also expired.
>
> Signatures don't expire, though the keys used to sign them might...
> but this may not be interesting depending on how you--and the people
> you communicate with--manage your keys.  See below.

I had an expired key a number of years ago that I edited with gnupg to extend the
expiration date, and when I listed the key afterward, *all* the signatures on the
key were listed as having expired on the original expiration date of my key.
Was that just a bug in the way gnupg implements its -- list-keys option?