[Discuss] iptables trouble

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 01:16:28PM -0400, Dr. Anthony Gabrielson wrote:
> I have CONFIG_NETFILTER enabled as a module (specific differences below),

I haven't built a custom kernel in a very, very long time, but it
looks to me like you do not:

> Here is the netfilter specific portion of the diff:
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER=y

I believe if this were built as a module, this should be 'm' not 'y'.
But I vaguely recall that some options are "meta" options which enable
other options, and only can be set to 'y' even when the functionality
provided is compiled as a module... not sure whether this is one or
not.

As a side note, I recommend using unified diff (diff -u) for pasting
in e-mails, it (at least IMO) gets less messy in quoted text e-mails
(where angle brackets are customarily used to indicate levels of
quoting).