[Discuss] Expired gpg key

Sooo, I used to be all about the PGP thing, but then I let it lapse and
it's long expired.   I assume there's no way to un-expire it.
Should I create a new one?
Can I do that with the same email address?

Because my key has lapsed, and because I didn't think about it until
this morning, I did NOT register a key (which has yet to be created)
yet.  Should I go to the meeting?

I'll bring my laptop, and based on the answers to the above question, I
might try to generate one at work.  Would that be too late?