[Discuss] Comcast Encryption

Neighbor? (ducks)

Out in the sticks where I can't get cable or DSL (or whatever it is
being marketed as), I went satellite.

3 miles in any direction there is either Charter, Comcast or AT&T DSL.
 Clearwire wireless is in the area but they are 'full' and not
accepting customers, and I can't 'see' their signal from here.  Also
only get Fox, what was CW and CBS TV broadcast (ok also some
independent stations if I want them).  This is 25 miles from downtown
Nashville TN.

We have Viasat as marketed by Exede.  Speed is OK, latency not bad,
but the 10G limit for a month is a killer.  Limiting what I do I make
it about 15 to 20 days into the month before 'limits' come on. Limited
speed is 50kbps, like a dialup modem, but still have 'unlimited use'
between midnight and 5AM so that is when network backups happen and it
goes back to 'normal speed' then.

The midnight to 5AM is not metered or charged to your account, so it
helps the 10G go further.  Just no significant online video watching.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Joe Polcari <joe at polcari.com> wrote:
> So how do you get internet now?
>

> Sent from my android device.

On today's episode of 'This Ol Geek'...
"Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has ever blessed my
vision." - Sam Houston
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart"... Colossians 3:23
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate"
- Henry J. Tillman
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." -
Admiral Grace Hopper, USN
"Life is complex: it has a real part and an imaginary part." - Martin Terma