[Discuss] how to contract correctly?

I was a contractor from about 1988 through about 2008. About 17 of those
years was with Digital, and they mandated that I be a W2 employee for an
approved company. I've done 1099 through some agencies and 1099 direct.
remember that as a 1099 you have to buy your own insurance and oay self
employment tax. An accountant and attorney can help you there. In one
case, (HP) my boss (former and prospective) gave me the req number and a
list of approved agencies, so I was able to shop around. The agency I
chose had the best combination of rate and health insurance. When my
contract expired at HP I was in partner engineering, and my partner
hired me using the same agency. I was subsequently converted to a full
time employee.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix