[Discuss] Why are all my hard drives slow on Ubuntu? (new computer)

You have 32G of ram on a 32bit OS.

This might not be related to your performance problem (but it might be).  Regardless of whether or not it's related to your performance problem, it means you have another problem.  You need to reinstall and run 64bit.  Otherwise, you'll be limited to 4G of ram.