[Discuss] RAID Considerations [was Why are all my hard drives slow on Ubuntu? (new computer)]

On 08/29/2013 08:45 AM, Daniel Barrett wrote:
> I like it too, but this is a dual-boot machine with Windows 7. The
> vendor (endpcnoise.com) told me they could not set up a dual boot
> machine with software RAID.

Certainly Windows won't implement Linux software RAID.  If you have room
in the box, extra disks are pretty cheap, Windows could have its own
disk(s), or own partitions.

And there is obviously virtualization to run a Windows guest on a Linux
host and get Linux RAID that way.

-kb

P.S.  Is it a 64-bit CPU? 32-bit Linux on 64-bit hardware is maybe
becoming quickly dusty.