[Discuss] KeePassX

Kent Borg wrote:
> "Everything" is just too big to afford if not at really low bulk rates.
> Even for the NSA.

It's the other way around. The more that is encrypted, the more known
text the NSA has available for side-channel attacks. The more that is
encrypted, the more chances of a hash collision occurring or a
pseudo-random key being reused. Scaling up works in the NSA's favor
rather than to its detriment in cases where they don't already have near
real time decryption. Scaling up changes the nature of the problem from
traditional cryptanalysis to big data storage and retrieval. This is a
MUCH simpler problem, one solved by -- you got it -- the same big data
companies that have been handing our information over to the NSA all along.

--
Rich P.