[Discuss] redhat user question

Hi All,

I'm updating a couple of RedHat boxes for a client and see some most
likely legacy users.  My first thoughts are, who are these users, do
they still need access, and what do they have access to?

How do you check for users in such a situation?  I like to do:

cat /etc/passwd |grep "/home" |cut -d: -f1

But I know this doesn't show everybody.  I've created users with no
home before.  Also how can I tell if a user has root permissions or
able to access other stuff such as /var/www?

Thanks for any tips,

--
Eric Chadbourne
http://themnemeproject.org/