[Discuss] Effort to repeal Mass Tax on Software Services

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 12:46:59PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 10:25:46AM -0700, Joseph Guarino wrote:
>> > Also, I know I started a petition but another person had one with more
>> > online.  If you support repealing this law then please sign this one
>> > instead so all of our voices are heard.
>>
>> Serious question: is there any evidence that legislators care about
>> these petitions?
>
> I'm trying to decide if the lack of response in the last 2 days is
> because no one knows of any evidence one way or the other, or because
> I asked on a Friday afternoon... =8^)

Speaking of the weekend.   The Sunday Boston Globe had a story on the
front of the "Money & Careers" section on this issue.  The story was
by Scot Kirsner (Innovation Economy column) with the title "Tech firms
learning a hard lesson as new sales tax takes effect".

This online story appears to be the same as the print version:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/08/03/legislature-throws-tech-sector-under-bus/7YOKrKDnu0tIj6qHeGA16K/story.html

Bill Bogstad