[Discuss] GNU/Linux Distro for Mac?

OP asks about wiping MacOSX off his Apple hardware and replacing it with Linux.
You tell him "Linux desktops suck, install FreeBSD instead".
When challenged to explain how FreeBSD gives him a non-sucky desktop, you point to the OSX desktop.

In other words, you tell him to replace MacOSX with FreeBSD, then you later explain that by "FreeBSD" you really meant MacOSX, so you're really telling him to replace MacOSX with MacOSX.

Either that, or you're trying to derail the thread by pretending it's not about the OP's question.

Is that simple enough for you to understand?