[Discuss] Are there any SSL certificate authorities that don't cost a king's ransom?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Tom Metro
>
> [Dreamhost] don't yet support Server Name Indication

Even if they did support SNI, the reason people generally can't use SNI right now is because IE on WinXP doesn't support it.  SNI will take over someday, and I use it now, but generally customer facing applications cannot use it yet.

> 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

Yup, on that page, they list some platforms that don't support it.  Of which, all you have to say is "IE on XP" and it's already game over as far as deploying SNI on your server right now.