[Discuss] Thunderbird has an IM client?

On 07/26/2013 12:42 PM, Derek Martin wrote:

> Then I remembered that I'm very lazy, and decided to go to the beach
> instead.  =8^)

Hahah! I can't recall the amount of times I've done this. It's funny, I would
never do this just for myself but I'd do it in a minute if someone else needed it.

> I still kind of like the idea though, and it actually makes me tempted to
> try Thunderbird again (though other things tempt me not to).

I actually don't, particularly because I've done it professionally for years.
I would so much prefer an ala carte version of everything. I stopped using
Ubuntu a number of years ago because they made it so painful to have options.
I didn't want my Desktop choice to choose what I should use for 'X' (music,
videos, email, etc). I wanted to be able to make that decision on my own.

I'm convinced that ala carte is best. Focus on one thing and you will likely
always be the best at that. Focus on everything and you'll be bad at all of them.

My 2 cents,
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi