[Discuss] KeePassX

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 08:05:18PM -0700, Rich Braun wrote:
> I haven't let a browser remember passwords since the time I noticed that I
> could retrieve (another person's) passwords by sitting at their browser and
> invoking Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Manage Advanced Passwords -> (look
> at each password complete with URL, username and plain-text password).

Firefox has supported a master password on its password store for some
years now, and a few different security people have looked at the
Firefox password saving implementation in comparison to other browsers
and commented on the basic design favorably.

http://raidersec.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-browsers-store-your-passwords-and.html

> (Though if you're like most of us, you probably leave such tools
> available in some forgotten browser tab and are vulnerable whenever
> you walk away without invoking the screensaver.)

You have to set the tool to log you out automatically after some
timeout regardless of which tool you're using.

-b

--
the cure for boredom is curiosity. there is no cure for curiosity.
                                                  <dorothy parker>