[Discuss] ddrescue, anyone?

Hi Dan,

The two-pass examples do a "shallow" then "deep" rescues as you mention.
 The second pass uses the contents of the logfile generated by the first
pass to be more efficient.  And, since rescuing a large partition can take
so long, re-trying failed sectors repeatedly on a large drive can take
"forever".  So that's why they recommend the first pass with -n -- it gives
you the most bang for your buck, and then you can dive in with a full
rescue.

~ Greg

Greg Rundlett