[Discuss] Syncing Android phones directly

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 07:49:36PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> On 06/30/2013 07:13 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > If I were buying an S4, I would go for the Active variant solely
> > for the water and dirt resistance.
>
> I thought about that, but the Active is a MAJOR setback in other areas;
> no LTE, 8MP camera (and fewer camera modes) vs 16MP, STFT instead of
> AMOLED screen, 16BG only, almost half of which is taken up by software
> you can't remove...

The Active has LTE and HSPA+.

16GB vs 32 storage is not a big deal: they both accept microSD
cards.

You can certainly remove the software they ship. Just flash a
new ROM -- I'm fond of AOKP myself, but there's nothing wrong
with CyanogenMod.

The screen is a screen: are you particularly fond of AMOLED for
an aesthetic reason? If you don't currently have an AMOLED
screen, I expect you aren't.

> - When using CalDAV, is the calendar stored locally and synced when I
> say, pr must I have internet access to read the calendar from the server
> all the time?

Local storage and repeatedly sync'd bidirectionally.

> - How does one deal with field alignment, of one calendar (or address
> book) has fields the other doesn't or they're named differently?

I don't know.

-dsr-