[Discuss] Syncing Android phones directly

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of David Kramer
>
> Whatever I do, though,
> I don't want the data going through Google servers, or to leave my
> intranet at all.

That's the only thing you need to say.  Because you just eliminated all the standard solutions, except for running your own Exchange server (or anything else that provides ActiveSync service.)

The obvious standard solutions are Exchange or Google.  Anything else is going to be fringe, and have a very small minority of people using them, with very little development or support by comparison to the mainstream solutions.  But maybe entirely satisfactory for your needs.

> So what do you use?

Office365.  Cheap and easy and fast.

Anything I want to keep private, I encrypt.  This does not include my contacts list or calendar.