[Discuss] Syncing Android phones directly

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 06:56:39PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> I asked this question a year or so ago, and I'm hoping to get a better
> response this time  now that more people have Android phones.
>
> I'm finally making the jump.  Probably next week or the week after I
> will be purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB through AT&T (opinions on
> that phone welcome, opinions on A&T  are not).  I've researched it to
> death, and the one thing I wish I had more real-world information on is
> how people sync the contacts/calendar/notes/etc from their phone to
> SOMETHING.  That something may end up being Outlook under Windows, but
> of course something under Linux would be better.  Whatever I do, though,
> I don't want the data going through Google servers, or to leave my
> intranet at all.

If I were buying an S4, I would go for the Active variant solely
for the water and dirt resistance.

As for the rest, you need DAV support, basically, and CalDAV exists.
Oh, and icalSync2 just showed up in the market; it says it can
sync your calendar with an ical file available through HTTPS,
FTP, or WebDAV.

-dsr-