[Discuss] Gmail in Europe

Jay Kramer wrote:
> My wife and daughter are vacationing in Riga, Latvia.  Neither one of
> them can log into their gmail accounts.

What's the error?

Google does pay attention to the geographic location of the IP used to
access an account, and will take some steps to lock out access if it
sees sudden jumps in location. So for example, if you tried to login on
their behalf, that may only make matters worse.

It may be helpful to have them try logging in at:
https://accounts.google.com/

But I'm just guessing. I don't know of specific steps to take to clear
an access block. The account access troubleshooter might help:

https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620?rd=1

There are some access settings you can control inside Gmail, but to
adjust them you obviously need to be able to successfully login.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA